Friday, July 26, 2013

Wickedness Never was Happiness

Day 17&18 - (Alma 31-Alma 45) Okay. This one's a good one! Have you ever heard of the scripture: "Eat, drink, and be merry for tomorrow we die"? Well here is a scripture that will make you want to never ever follow that saying again. It's in Alma 34:35. It says, "For behold, if ye have procrastinated the day of your repentance even until death, behold, ye have becomsubjected to the spirit of the devil, and he doth seal you his; therefore, the Spirit of the Lord hath withdrawn from you, and hath no place in you, and the devil hath all power over you; and this is the final state of the wicked." So this is saying that whenever you sin, you should get down on your knees and repent then and there. Don't just sit around and think, "I'll just wait cuz I'm probably gonna mess up tomorrow too." That is not good to do. What if you died tomorrow or today even? You never know when your time will be up, and if you have procrastinated the day of your repentance, you're really gonna regret it. Sinning might be fun in the moment, but when you are in front of God on judgment day, remembering everything that you've done, you're going to be wishing that you repented a little more and sinned a little less. 
Man, as all of this was coming to my mind last night and today, I told myself that I need to kick it in gear. I will never be convicted of premeditated sin. When I sin, because sadly I will a time or two more before I die, I am promising to myself that I will repent immediately and try my very best, because that's all Heavenly Father asks, to never do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment