Sunday, August 4, 2013

Choose your Path Wisely

Day 19 - 26: (Alma 46 - End of 3rd Nephi) That's a lotta days....I really am sorry but seeing as I leave in 8 days, I have had so much to do! Now don't you worry, cuz I know you were, I have read every single day! I just haven't had the time to post, so sorry if it's a lil' longer than usual. I'll try to keep it brief. 

The first thing is from Helaman 14:30-31. It says, "And now remember, remember, my brethren, that whosoever perisheth, perisheth unto himself; and whosoever doeth iniquity, doeth it unto himself; for behold, ye are free; ye are permitted to act for yourselves; for behold, God hath given unto you a knowledge and he hath made you free. He hath given unto you that ye might know good from evil, and he hath given unto you that ye might choose life or death; and ye can do good and be restored unto that which is good, or have that which is good restored unto you; or ye can do evil, and have that which is evil restored unto you." So, last semester at BYU-Idaho I took this Book of Mormon class and my professor would say, "ACT AND DON'T BE ACTED UPON!!" at least once every day. So now that is stuck in my head and I am grateful! Everyone on this earth has agency. We can all choose to do good or to do evil. So it is up to us if we go to Heaven or Hell. Harsh, but true.

The next and last thing is a verse that I used to be very confused by when I was younger, but now I LOVE! It's in 3 Nephi 27:33 "Enter ye in at the strait gate; for strait is the gate, and narrow is the way that leads to life, and few there be that find it; but wide is the gate, and broad the way which leads to death, and many there be that travel therein, until the night cometh, wherein no man can work." Okay, so when I was little, I was like, "Wait a minute! Why would Heavenly Father make it so that the way was narrow to get back to Heaven?!?!" Shouldn't it be wide so that we wont fall off of the sides? But now I understand! Heavenly Father has given us a straight and narrow path that is super easy to follow so that we can easily make it back to Him. It's kinda strict, and sometimes hard, but in the end so worth it! Then the path to death and Hell is pretty wide. There's lots of ways to get there, you don't have to do one specific thing to end up there. You could lead one life style, then another, then another, and would still end up in Hell. So my advise..choose your path wisely. 


No comments:

Post a Comment